Vulcan Adhesive Debondng Unit
BREAK THE BOND OF ADHESIVE
The patent-pending Chief Vulcan ADU is the first product specifically designed to break the bond of structural adhesives in automotive applications. The Vulcan ADU uses infrared radiation technology to quickly heat the surface to a temperature where the first layer of glue underneath releases cleanly - in as little as 20 seconds. With the adhesive bonds broken, the technician can then easily separate the materials with less risk of damage to either piece. The epoxy remains smooth and hard, not sticky, leaving behind a clean work surface. The Vulcan ADU can be used on any vehicle surface, including aluminum, carbon fiber and steel using no electromagnetic field.
The Chief Vulcan Adhesive Debonding Unit is a solution to an issue that wasn't important just a few years ago. But as OEMs incorporate glue and epoxies into their manufacturing processes for more and more vehicles, collision repair shops need to be equipped to efficiently separate those bonded components to properly repair the vehicles. Applying heat is a proven method for releasing adhesives, but although there are several options available for traditional steel panels, tight temperature control is needed to not overheat high-strength steels. Aluminum is more challenging because it dissipates heat very quickly and requires a lot of input energy: more than is found in traditional induction heaters or heat guns. The Vulcan ADU uses very short waves of infrared radiation to quickly produce up to 600 degrees of heat concentrated at the surface of the material being treated. Even though the unit produces very high output temperature, the lamp's handles and sides remain cool to the touch for safe operation and prolonged lamp life. The Vulcan ADU has three modes of operation.
- Manual : Pulling the trigger will produce whatever level of power the technician set until the trigger is released.
- Automatic : The technician sets both a set point temperature and the power level, and the unit will control to that level while the trigger is pressed.
- Programmable : The technician can set up to five steps including a specific temperature and how long the Vulcan should stay at that temperature.
- Breaks the adhesive bond between glued panels or surface
- Precise temperature control - focus on one panel layer
- Microprocessor control with color touch screen
- Uses infrared lamps to output focused heat to a surface
- Calibration feature to address issues when measuring different color paint and reflectivity
- Can be used to remove molding and labels
- 5-step program available to set temperature and time for curing adhesives